Personal Finance Summer Institute
A College Readiness Program for High School Students
The 2017 Personal Finance Summer Institute is now full and applications are no longer being accepted.
Are you excited by your future and want skills that will get you ready for your postsecondary career and financially ahead? If so, this is the program for you!
The summer institute is a great resume builder and participation is free! Participants also receive $100 for participating.
What happens at the Summer Institute?
- Learn more about exploring your future career, paying for college, debt, savings, and credit.
- Explore the University of Minnesota and visit a local company.
- Hear from guest speakers from a variety of fields.
- Lunch, breakfast, and bus passes provided each day!
- Receive a certificate of completion from the University of Minnesota.
Who can attend the Summer Institute?
Any student currently in grades 9-11
What are students saying?
"The instructors are super helpful, nice, cool, and very good at their jobs. I loved the college tours!"
"I learned that I can afford college and how I can pay for it because now I have more knowledge about it."
How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 Institute are now closed.
Priority will be given to those who are first in their family to attend college, are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch, or are students of color.