Sponsored by Thrivent Financial, the new Thrivent Financial Personal Finance Community Mentorship Award recognizes one community organization each year that shows a sustained commitment to financial education and actively promotes financial education with the community they serve. This award will recognize a community organization that has participated in MCEE's program Community Mentorship for Financial Capability in partnership with University of Minnesota Extension.
All past participants of the Community Mentorship for Financial Capability program with MCEE and University of Minnesota Extension are eligible for this award.
The selected organization will receive $1,000 and will be recognized at MCEE's annual celebration EconFest in the fall.
Interested community organizations may nominate themselves for this award by answering the following questions (full submission details linked below):
- How many people have you trained in personal finance since you participated in the Community Mentorship for Financial Capability program?
- How did your participation in the Community Mentorship program help build your organizational capacity to provide financial education?
- What are you currently doing around financial education?
- How do you reach people to encourage participation in your financial education programs and/or training?
- What are some innovative approaches you have used recently to help your clients/your families to meet their needs around financial education/personal finance?
- What do you see as current or developing financial education needs of the community/communities you serve?
Click here for all submission materials.