Middle School Economics
The Essential Guide to Integrating Economics into Middle School Social Studies
Grades 6-8 | 8:00am-4:30pm | University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus
Covering the social studies standards in economics can be easier than you think! Join us for a one-day crash course in learning age-appropriate, cross-curricular, and hands-on lessons that you can adapt to your classroom. All topics will be focused on student engagement while gaining mastery in history, math, and reading. Our workshops are interactive and you'll leave with materials for implementation as well as a better understanding of economic concepts.
- MCEE Master Teacher Cindy Fitzthum, St. Cloud State University
- MCEE Master Teacher Kris Nelson, Byron High School
- $25 registration fee
- Receive 7.25 Continuing Education Units
- Receive free lessons, resources, and materials
- Continental Breakfast (8:00-8:30am) and lunch included each day
- This course is open to both pre-service and licensed teachers. No fall classroom placement required.
- This course will only be offered if at least 12 teachers register.
Scholarships (Limited Amount Available)
$80/night for hotel accommodations are available for teachers from high-needs districts who reside outside the 13-county metro area (Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Pierce, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburne, St. Croix, Washington, and Wright). Scholarships are first come first serve and includes night prior to workshop date and night(s) between workshop days if multi-day workshop. Please register online for full amount and then contact MCEE at 612-625-3727 or firstname.lastname@example.org to issue your refunded scholarship amount.