Frequently Asked Questions
How does my organization participate?
Organizations are invited to participate in the Community Mentorship program.
If you are interested in participating in a future program cohort, please contact us at email@example.com and we will pass your information along to the Extension Office.
What does it cost to participate?
Participation is free for organizations.
In fact, participating organizations will receive grant money to support their proposed project after the completion of the program.
What does the program involve?
The Community Mentorship program requires participating organizations to attend a two-day workshop training to prepare them to evaluate the need and opportunity for providing financial literacy programs in their community and then supports the organization in conducting that program.
How long are organizations involved in the program?
The Community Mentorship program lasts approximately 6-8 months depending on the timeline of the organization's proposed financial literacy project.
What are the benefits of participating?
The Community Mentorship program offers a number of benefits, including:
- Funding for your financial literacy project
- 1:1 support and coaching from an experienced Extension Educator
- Access to resources, curriculum, and materials to help your organization deliver meaningful personal finance instruction to your clients
- High-quality training in personal finance and adult education concepts
What other organizations have participated in Community Mentorship?
- Find a map of previously participating organizations here.